This recipe is one of those wonderful dishes that looks great, tastes amazing and yet is so easy to make. It's fabulous with a big green salad, or Puy Lentils with Wilted Spinach (see page 53 in our book NOURISH). It's a great summery dish.
- 4 medium fillets of Pollock (roughly 180g each)
For the marinade
- Small handful of basil leaves, torn
- 1 medium red chilli, deseeded and finely sliced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Generous handful of cherry tomatoes
- Generous pinch of sea salt flakes
- 30ml lemon juice
- 30ml water
- 2cm piece of ginger, peeled and finely grated
- 1 garlic clove, finely grated
- 150g pine nuts
- 10 mint leaves torn
- ½ red chilli, deseeded and sliced into thin circles
- Small handful of torn basil leaves
Put the fish fillets in a roasting dish just big enough to hold them comfortably without being too cramped.
Mix the ingredients for the fish marinade and rub over the fillets, cover and leave to marinate for 1 hour.
Preheat the oven to 180° C/gas mark 4. Transfer the marinated fish to the middle rack of the oven and cook for 12-15 minutes, depending on the size of the fillets. Once cooked, remove from the oven and allow to sit for a further 2 minutes.
Sprinkle with torn mint leaves, extra chilli and basil. Serve immediately.